d-link dns bugs on DSL-G604T and similar SHIT

Well, this is the second bug (the first was ipv6) I’ve found on this stupid router (like all d-link stuff) that made me crazy…

Some applications are unable to resolve domains (such as wget, lynx and whois in my case) and I didn’t knew why until I changed the default nameserver (the router address from dhcp) on /etc/resolv.config to the ones gave from my ISP: ALL MAGICALLY WORKS NOW (FUCK!!!)

If you don’t like dhcpcd to change your nameserver settings then either set DHCLIENT_MODIFY_RESOLV_CONF=no in /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp, or set MODIFY_RESOLV_CONF_DYNAMICALLY=no in /etc/sysconfig/network/config or (manually) use dhcpcd with -R. If you only want to keep your searchlist, set DHCLIENT_KEEP_SEARCHLIST=yes in /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp or (manually) use the -K option.

see you

antonio

comments powered by Disqus